Center for Geospatial Research (CGR)Department of Geography
Geography-Geology Building, Rm 209a
The University of Georgia 210 Field St Athens, GA 30602-2503 United States of America
Dr. Marguerite Madden, Director
Dr. Thomas Jordan, Associate Director
CGR Lab 706-542-2374
Directions to CGR from the Atlanta Airport
- From the Atlanta Airport, take I-285 East (toward Augusta/Greenville), to I-20 East (towards Augusta).
- Go I-20 East to the Conyers/Highway 138 North Exit. This will take about 30 minutes. Turn left (North) from the off-ramp (towards Madison/Athens).
- Take Hwy 138 N to Hwy 78 (to Athens). You will reach Athens at the intersection of Atlanta Hwy. There is a large Pepsi Bottling Co at the intersection. Turn right towards town.
- Downtown Athens is approximately 8 miles from where you turn. Follow Atlanta Hwy into town. As you enter downtown, Atlanta Hwy will change names to Broad St. You will see the Holiday Inn on your right on the corner of Broad St and Lumpkin St. The entrance to the hotel is actually on Hull St just before Lumpkin.
- To get to the CRMS, turn right on Lumpkin St, go down the hill and then up the next hill to the third traffic light – Cedar St – and turn left.
- Take the first left (traffic light) and follow the curve around to the right. The first parking lot on the right is ours and the Geography-Geology-Speech (GGS) Building is the one on the left side of the parking lot.
- The Center for Geospatial Research (CGR) is in Room 319, third floor, in the southeast corner of the building.